Ceph X-rays are commonly used to:
- Explore possible TMJ concerns
- Assess the reasons behind excessive tooth misalignment – particularly in cases where an overbite or underbite is present
- Diagnose suspected tooth and/or jaw fractures
- Obtain precise measurement of teeth, including their root structures
- Plan for orthodontic work
The Ceph X-Ray Process:
Concentrating on the patient's profile — or side view of the head — the x-ray technician positions the patient according to specific criteria necessary. The dentist will calculate how the patient's jaw and the surrounding bone will be affected by orthodontic treatment and have a look into the growth pattern of the jaw and teeth. This can be used to determine potential courses of action and routes of treatment.
A ceph x-ray may be taken at Prairie Place Family Dental as part of your orthodontic treatment plan. Call us at 815-942-0010 to schedule an appointment.